Pages

Saturday, July 30, 2011

Sudarshan Kriya causes heart problems.

I have not been so active in this blog lately. But one comment in this blog forced me to write this. Recently someone wrote in the comments:
Dear Vivek bhayya, I am reading in many places on bad effects of sudarshan kriya. I am doing pratice for six months and nothing bad happened to me except some skin rash and heat boils. this is one post which is scaring me: https:/example.wordpress.com/2011/03/26/heart-problems-caused-by-sudarshan-kriya/ My mother and sister is also concerned about it. One person also told in the blog that sudarshan kriya will cause difficulty for child birth. i want to have child next year. will it affect me. In men does it cause impotence. my husband does not practice it but he is okay and we are planning child. can you please explain and clarify this in your blog, because lot of people are worried now. you are very experienced in sudarshan kriya naa....

I have edited the link above as I dont want to increase the traffic of that website which has already accumulated the maximum negative karma that any website can accumulate!

First things first. I am not doing to defend Sudarshan Kriya. There is nothing to defend. There is no need to defend the most precious gift that Humans have received since the time of the previous Purnavatar.



300 million people have done Sudarshan Kriya. More than 10 reputed medical institutes have conducted research on it. Some Indian Institutes include AIIMS, NIMHANS etc.   The results are free for all to see:

http://www.artofliving.org/in-en/sudarshan-kriya-research
http://sudarshankriyaa.blogspot.com/2010/02/latest-research-on-sudarshan-kriya.html
http://www.aolresearch.org/pdf/other/EEG_M_Bhatia.pdf





If you fail in your exam, do you blame that your dog's bowel movement was not satisfactory ?
If you eat junk and get boils then you blame Sudarshan Kriya?
If you have a history of heart diseases and suddenly one day it worsens then what do you blame?
You read one article written by a crackpot and brush aside tons of research done on the subject by World's most reputed institutions?

There is a limit to ridiculous thought process. And this crosses all such boundaries.

As my personal experience goes, the only heart problems I got after the course is that of severe angina pectoris when Guruji leaves my city and a Myocardial Infarction when he looks at me.
And I cannot live without it.

13 comments:

Varun in Thoughts said...

True! It is the perverted thought process.

Tomorrow if you have an accident while driving, you may blame the traffic, the other driver, the environment, the "luck", but not your own driving skills.

And getting swayed by these negative blogs is like being the nice football! Getting something here from your Part1 course?

Even milk is dangerous for health! Any person with Lactose intolerance can prove this. Your own experiences can save you.

Vivek... Gosh! Your are a Divine Heart Patient must say!

Pothi said...

Thanks for clarifying bhaiya!

Anonymous said...

Superb answer!!! How can someone forget its positive side... If we doubt sudarshan Kriya... We gotta remember... HUMAN MIND ALWAYS DOUBTS POSITIVE... In 10 complements and one insult... We keep digging and drilling the "Insult"!!!!

komal said...

@vivek yeah true we keep going after the negative btw i have gained a lot of clarity in my life after doing meditation and sky... my health is far better... anmd heat boils well if u eat a lot of junk and do kriya ur body throws out the rubbish in different ways its just simple detox actuallyy...

dinesh kamath said...

Dinesh Kamath,
It is surprising to read that Sudarshan Kriya causes heart problems.I have been doing sudarshan kriya regularly for more than 14 years,without any break in the practice,also meditation twice a day.The joy one derives from these practices is immense.One should have faith in GURUVAKHYA and practice accordingly no harm whatsoever comes to him.According to me SHRADDA is more important than scientific confirmation on Sudarshan Kriya.JAI GURUDEV

Anonymous said...

I must say Sudarshan Kriya impacts child birth. I had done my basic course in December 2003, I got my twin kids in October 2004. Isn't that an extra ordinary effect? Getting 2 instead of the normal 1 :-)

Epachin said...

BTW, one thing very funny I noticed. you say that you do not want to add link to original blog which has experience of heart problem because it increases traffic for the negative sites. It can be counterproductive. I had not seen original blog and did not get link from your site. I searched in google for that site aolfree(thereby increasing the search ranking of that site). apart from that it also got hits and traffic thereby. Sometimes you have to use intellegence bhayyaji. Ask His Holiness Sri Sri Sri Ravishankarji maharaj also he will also agree. especially after losing lawsuit with the blog.

Anonymous said...

What does the "tonnes" of reseach done on the SKY, reveal about the physiological effects of the SKY ??

Anonymous said...

All your links show the efficacy of SKY and not the adverse effect profile. Is there any research which shows that the SKY is free from adverse effects ?
If AOL took upon itself the burden of proof to demonstrate the effiacy of AOL in various disease states then why not do the same for the adverse effects also ?? Just because paracetamol can ameliorate headache does that mean that it is free of adverse effects ??

Alvin Saldanha said...

I have not see one cogent, well-written, well-reasoned, well-researched or well-quoted piece anywhere that successfully proves that sudarshan kriya is harmful. Yes, there are a few sloppily written pieces, some dropping complex medical terms as if they know what they are talking about, and connecting some emotional episodes they experienced with some half-baked medical knowledge and presenting a very confused case. As far as I know, it has done wonders for many. I know people who started it, and stopped, and were quite candid that they did not have the discipline. I wish I practiced it more regularly, but when I do, I feel fantastic. What is a little off-putting though, is this extremely saccharine, over the top, sugar coated drivels of 'love' for 'Guruji' and each other among the followers. I've met SSR and he is sane, balanced, well-spoken, well-informed and intelligent and graciously dodges all this effusive shoe-licking that is proffered to him. Its a pity you can't say that for many of his followers, and a bigger pity that not all his instructors are good at what they do. But, to call sudarshan kriya almost miraculous would NOT be hyperbole.

Vivek Barun said...

Dear Alvin,
There are two ways.. one of the head and another of the heart. Head is balanced, rational and correct.
Heart is mad, irrational and totally over the board. When heart gets longing for the divine there is not sugar coating.. you are sugar. When one becomes a devotee.. there is no shoe-licking.. You are the shoe.
However, the gnana yogi may not understand all this. Only the Bhakta will.

Invisalign-pune said...

short sudarshan kriya with ujjayi and bhasrika can be done twice a day,by anybody.but it is important to do conscious slow deep abdominal breathing and shavasana for atleast 15 min after it,everytime

Anonymous said...

I'm arun, suffered by continuous migraine headache for past three months. It's suffers my work, career and personal life. Is it possible to cure ? Please help me. Not taking any medicines.

Post a Comment